Saturday 21 July 2012

Passing Traffic.... A Song

A Song, with overdubs and everything... a fiction, in so far as it's not about me, or about anybody I have been with, but not a fiction in so far as it's inspired by something and not nothing. Perhaps it's 'based on a true story', if that's allowed, but the story wasn't technically true in the real world in the first place, so back we go to fiction, or metafiction, or something. Anyway, it's a song. Recorded on my laptop with the laptop speaker on Audacity Portable (found by chance on a pen drive my mum sent to me! who would have thunk it). Lo-fi warblings on a guitar that is getting harder and harder to tune in the humid monsoon...



Passing Traffic


Girl you're looking thin
You've got so much to talk about
You're lit up like a Christmas Tree
I don't know what you think of me - it's wrong
The pilot-light - it's gone
And all those silly words don't make any sense,
I don't want to say here sitting on a fence
It's over - the moon is rising red tonight
The cloud evaporation might just let it through
the light that shines on me and you
It's over - the dogs are howling in the street,
baying there for scraps of meat; for something sweet
I should have just given them you and me my love

I don't think enough?
When I think of you girl, I think too much
I might just close the door and stop listening to all those weirdo rhymes
and the way you say you love - you love me all the time... and that's a lie

I won't listen to you. I won't hear you when you call.
I'm happier now watching paint dry there on the wall.
I'm happier now watching all those pretty reflections of passing traffic... up there on the wall...

Flash Version if required...

Lookin thin shorter by David Green 21

No comments: