Tuesday 13 November 2012

Grease is the Word

What can I reasonably say about this? I loved this song when I was a kid. I remember my Mum going round to my cousins house to pick up the album soundtrack after me and my sister had watched Grease for the first time. I think we were ill and needed occupying. We'd out-grown the home made cardboard box cars she used to make for us. This was my favourite song from the film, and it was only on the credits. The Gibb Brothers I believe, purveyors of unabashed pop, stupid hairdos, appalling videos and convention-defying chord structures. Admittedly, I never could get my head around the idea that grease in the hair could really be a statement of pre-punk teenage rebellion, but perhaps it was. It' hardly a blue mohican!  






Grease is the Word by David Green 21

No comments: